- 3/4 cup dried elderberries (Approx 3 oz)
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried cloves or 4 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 cup raw honey or agave
- In a pot, bring the elderberries, water, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, about 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the liquid to cool, and then drain the liquid using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- Add the raw honey and mix well.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to two months.